Baltimore, MD :April 3, 2011- The University of the District of Columbia Firebirds Men's Tennis Team defeated the Coppin State University Eagles, 6-0, on yesterday in Baltimore, Maryland. Freshmen Miguel Uzcategui (Electrical Engineering-Valencia, Venezuela) and Carlos Quiroga (Electrical Engineering-Valencia, Venezuela) defeated their doubles and singles opponents during the match.
UDC – 6, Coppin State University – 0
1. Gajdusek/Reich def. Jeffreys/Hodge (CSU) 8-1
2. Uzcategui/Quiroga def. Darko/Pleasants (CSU) 8-0
3. Bernard/Jayatilleke def. insufficient CSU lineup (default)
1. Tomas Gajdusek def. James Jeffreys (CSU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Bruno Reich def. Quincy Darko (CSU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Miguel Uzcategui def. Justin Hodge (CSU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Carlos Quiroga def. Casey Pleasants (CSU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Karlon Bernard vs. Jahra Wigfall (CSU) scheduled, but not played
6. Lalindra Jayatilleke def. insufficient CSU lineup (default)
The Firebirds improved to 8-3 with this win. They will return to the courts on April 6, at home hosting the Shepherd University Rams.