Brookville, NY—The UDC Women's Tennis Team added on to their win steak by claiming another victory in East Coast Conference competition. The victim this time was C.W. Post, as the Firebirds won 9-0.
The women's team finished out their regular season on a high note going into the ECC Conference Tournament. In doubles, Sophomore Jessica Nunez and Senior Maria Vitkina took down Morgan Milleisen and Katie Avelar 8-2. Junior Kristyna Nepivodova and Freshman Maxime Duijst added another tally to the win column as they defeated Leija Heco and Alea Rahim by a score of 8-0.
In singles play the Firebirds came out strong. Freshman Sofia Leon defeated Alea Rahim 6-0, 6-1. Vitkina also competed very well by taking down Katie Avelar 6-3, 6-0.
The Firebirds return to the courts Tuesday to compete in the ECC Championships Semi-finals.
1. Nunez/Vitkina def. Milleisen/Avelar (CWP) 8-2
2. Nepivodova/Duijst def. Heco/Rahim (CWP) 8-0
3. Leon/Abilla def. insufficient CWP lineup (default)
1. Jessica Nunez def. Morgan Milleisen (CWP) 6-2, 6-0
2. Kristyna Nepivodova def. Leija Heco (CWP) 7-5, 6-0
3. Maria Vitkina def. Katie Avelar (CWP) 6-3, 6-0
4. Maxime Duijst def. Kristin Hettler (CWP) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sofia Leon def. Alea Rahim (CWP) 6-0, 6-1
6. Ty Abilla def. insufficient CWP lineup (default)
UDC - 9
CWP - 0
Season Record (W-L): 7 - 0, ECC: 6 - 0