Washington, DC: March 5, 2011-- The University of the District of Columbia Firebirds Men's Tennis Team swept the Post University Eagles, 9-0, today at the Southeast Tennis & Learning Center in Washington, DC. It was the second win of the spring for the Firebirds and their 4th overall for the year, giving them a 4-1 record.
Freshman Miguel Uzcategui (Electrical Engineering- Valencia, Venezuela) was a perfect 2-0 in both singles and doubles competition during the match . He defeated Markeese McLeod 6-0, 6-0 in singles play, then combined with freshman Carlos Quiroga (Electrical Engineering- Valencia, Venezuela) on a 8-0 win over McLeod and Mike MacDonald in their doubles match. Quiroga was also perfect today, defeating MacDonald 6-0, 6-0 in singles play, in addition to his doubles win.
UDC – 9, Post University – 0
1. Gajdusek/Reich def. Rodrigues/Ripon (Post) 8-0
2. Uzcategui/Quiroga def. McLeod/MacDonald (Post) 8-0
3. Bernard/Jayatilleke def. Bonamassa/Noze (Post) 8-1
1. Tomas Gajdusek def. Caio Rodrigues (Post) 6-1, 6-0
2. Bruno Reich def. Alamin Ripon (Post) 6-1, 6-0
3. Miguel Uzcategui def. Markeese McLeod (Post) 6-0, 6-0
4. Carlos Quiroga def. Mike MacDonald (Post) 6-0, 6-0
5. Karlon Bernard def. Frantzy Noze (Post) 6-1, 6-1
6. Lalindra Jayatilleke def. Danny Bonamassa (Post) 6-2, 6-0
Next up for the Firebirds will be a match against Mt. Saint Mary's University in Emmittsburg, Maryland on March 16.